Autobiography

Hello! My name is Nana, and I will be doing Humans of Emma Willard School for my signature project this year. I got the inspiration from Humans of New York, created by Brandon Stanton. I was always a fan of his work and interested in the idea of sharing individual short stories with the rest of the community. Whenever I am asked what my favorite part about Emma is, I always say, “the people here”. Then I realized that there are still so many people that I have never talked to or met. Emma has such a diverse community, and I believe that is what makes Emma unique and special. Through this project, I will be asking myself, “What is a community” and “What is diversity”.

I will be interviewing and photographing diverse group of people in the Emma community. From students to faculties, from alumni to employees and staffs, my goal is to interview more than 200 people before graduation. In addition to this blog, I created a Facebook and an Instagram account, which I will be posting the portraits along with the short stories. I am also planning to create an installation in the Dietel gallery.





Comments