What have I learned so far...


From my experience of interviewing people, I learned the importance of not just asking good questions, but also being a good listener. For my first couple of interviews, I prepared a list of questions in advance that I would ask. However, as I keep interviewing different people, I noticed that I could get a more personalized story by listening carefully and asking the question “why”. Instead of asking various questions on different topics, I started to ask more of “why” to allow the person to speak more in depth and talk about specific details. Pulling out a personal story from a person, even from a close friend, is difficult and not all interviews have been successful. However, I enjoyed every interview that I had so far because I could learn something that I have never knew about the person. My next step is to think how I can make people open and comfortable talking to me in an interview. 

Comments