Interviewing Grace M.

Grace and I got really close through Revels and her bright personality always brightens up my day. Over the past few years, I noticed that Grace is always smiling and brings happiness and great energy to class. Since I have never seen her being sad or upset, I asked her "I think people often see you as a very happy person, but is there something that people here don't know about you?" She told me that she tries not to be mad or upset in front of people because she doesn't want to bring people down with her. What stood out during the interview was when she said, "because I look happy all the time, people assume that I have a very easy life". She was very open with me about her hard and sad memories in her life, and she said that through those experiences she learned to appreciate every single moment that people take for granted. What I enjoy most during the interview is that realizing how every person has a different life story and the fact that I am able to learn so much from them.

Comments